Sweet Sour Soup with Fish
Aroma sweet, sour and spicy soup with fish is delicious authentic Khmer food. It easy to make, all you need fish with vegetables.
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic, chopped|
|1/4 cup of minced lemon grass|
|6 cups of water|
|1 whole basa, catfish or any white meat fish approx 900 gram, cleaned and cut chunks, or 1 lb (450 gram) of fish fillet, cut chunks|
|1/2 Fresh pineapple, diced, or 1 large canned chunk pineapple|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of fresh okra or 6 oz (170 gram) of frozen whole okra|
|1 stalk of celery, chopped|
|2 stalks of Asian rhubarb (taro stalk), sliced|
|1 tablespoons of Knorr tamarind powder|
|3 tablespoons of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|2 tomatoes, sliced chunks|
|4 oz (120 gram) of bean sprouts|
|1 cup of chopped mix herbs; rice paddy herb, sweet basil and saw leaf herb|
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped|
|2 chopped hot chili pepper, or to your taste (option)|
Directions to make Sweet Sour Soup with Fish
- Heat up a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil and saute’ garlic till it brown, removed toasted garlic and set it a side. Add lemon grass, stirs, add water, cook till water bubbling.
- Put fish, pineapple(included pineapple juice if using canned) to boiling water, cook till fish tender.
- Add okra, celery and Asian rhubard, stirs well.
- Seasoning with tamarind powder, sugar, fish sauce, and salt.
- Add tomatoes and bean sprouts, stirs well.
- Top with mix herbs, green onion, hot chili pepper and toasted garlic before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Note: For sourer soup add more tamarind powder, add more sugar for sweeter soup.
Serve with hot rice
Related Recipe: Sweet Sour Spicy Star Fruit Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 805
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 88g 32%
Cholesterol 77mg 26%
Total Fat 36g 46%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Dietary Fiber 13g 46%
Protein 42g 84%
Sodium 2938mg 128%
Sugars 25g 50%
Share & Print
← Previous Sweet Sour Spicy Star Fruit Soup