Homemade Thai Noodle
The Homemade Thai Noodle recipe offers a quick and flavorful option for busy housewives looking to prepare a satisfying dinner. This dish is both easy to make and incredibly comforting. The key ingredient is rice noodles, which can be soaked in warm water to achieve the desired texture. Additionally, this recipe includes an array of flavorful components, including garlic, chicken or shrimp, extra firm tofu (optional), Chinese chives or green onion, preserved turnip, and bean sprouts.
The sauce is a crucial element that ties all the flavors together. It consists of a mixture of soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar (or palm sugar), and tamarind concentrate. This combination offers a harmonious blend of salty, sweet, and tangy notes, providing a distinctive Thai flavor profile.
The cooking process begins by heating oil in a wok on medium-high heat and stir-frying garlic and shallots until they turn brown, infusing the dish with aromatic depth. The protein, whether chicken or shrimp, is then added and cooked until tender, with shrimp turning a pink color. If using tofu, it is incorporated at this stage. Preserved turnip is introduced to add a unique texture and flavor to the dish.
Next, the soaked and drained noodles are added to the wok, stir-fried for about 2 minutes to achieve the desired texture. If needed, a bit of water can be added to help soften the noodles. The sauce mixture is then poured over the noodles and evenly distributed to ensure every strand is coated. An egg is crumbled into the mixture and cooked until fully incorporated.
The final steps involve adding bean sprouts and Chinese chives or green onions, which provide a fresh and crisp contrast to the dish. The heat is turned off, and the Pad Thai is garnished with lime juice and crushed peanuts for an extra burst of flavor and texture. This Homemade Thai Noodle recipe is a delightful option for those seeking a quick, flavorful, and comforting meal that captures the essence of Thai cuisine.
|16oz of rice noodles stick or 1/2 package
|2 cloves of garlic, minced.
|1 cup of sliced chicken or shrimp
|1/2 cup of extra firm tofu cube (optional)
|½ cup of chopped Chinese chives or green onion.
|2 tablespoon of preserved turnip
|1 cup of bean sprouts
|2 tablespoon of minced shallots
|1/4 cup of water to soften the noodles
|3 tablespoon of oil for stir fry
|3 tablespoon of soy sauce
|3 tablespoon of fish sauce
|3 tablespoon of brown sugar or 2 tablespoon of palm sugar
|1-2 tablespoon of tamarind concentrate
|Mix them all together and set aside
Directions to make Homemade Thai Noodle
- Soak noodles in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. If you use fresh noodle only soak for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok on medium high heat, add garlic, shallots and stir fry until brown.
- Add shrimps or chicken cook until meat is tender and shrimps turn pink, add tofu.
- Add preserved turnip stir fry together.
- Add noodles stir fry quickly for 2 minutes, (you might need to add water to soften the noodle) when most of the noodles has changes texture and softened.
- Add the sauce stir well to evenly coat the noodles
- Push the noodle aside and add egg crumble it till cook then mix with the noodle.
- Add bean sprouts and chives or green onion stir well with the noodles
- Turn the heat off.
- Garnish your Pad Thai with lime juice and crush peanut, enjoy.
Related Recipe: Fermented Fish and Green Papaya Pickle
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 596