Beef and Water Spinach Sweet Sour Soup
Sweet, sour and spicy soup with beef and crisp green water spinach is delicious Khmer Krom country food. This recipe is good for with or with out pickle fish*pahok*. Cambodian people like to serve Beef and Water Spinach Sweet Sour Soup with their family.
|2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 Cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/4 Cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|1/2 Beef sirloin or beef chuck, sliced thin|
|1/2 Teaspoon of salt|
|1 Tablespoon of sugar|
|4 Cups of water|
|2 kaffir lime leaf|
|1 Bunch, approx 2 lbs (900 gram) of water spinach, cut 2 inches in length|
|2 Tablespoons of tamarind juice|
|2 Tablespoons of fish sauce|
|A handful of chopped fresh herbs; sweet basil leaves, and rice paddy herb (ma-om)|
|3 or 4 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)|
|1 Tablespoon of creamy style pickle fish*pahok*, and only 1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
Directions to make Beef and Water Spinach Sweet Sour Soup
- Heat up a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic and lemon grass, stirs well.
- Put beef, salt and sugar, stirs well.
- Add water and kaffir lime leaf, cook till water bubbling.
- Add water spinach to boiling water, stirs.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, tamarind juice and *pahok*, stirs well.
- Top with herbs and chili pepper.
- Removed kaffir lime leaf before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Beef Curry with Mango
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 915