Cambodian Glutinous Rice Ball
This Cambodian Glutinous Rice Ball is Cambodian sweet that get influence from Chinese food. These glutinous rice balls are encasing to a mung bean filling, and finished with Ginger Syrup.
|1 bag of glutinous rice flour|
|1 ¾ cups of water|
|Mix and knead to soft dough cover and set aside|
For the filling
|1 cup of palm sugar soften|
|1/2 cup of roasted crust peanut|
|1/2 cup of roasted coconut flake|
|It is easy if you heat the sugar a bit before add the peanut and coconut flake.|
For the Ginger Syrup
|2 cup of brown or palm sugar|
|4 cup of water|
|3 slices of ginger|
|Roasted Sesame seeds for garnish (keep this last)|
|1 Pandand leave tight it into a knot|
Directions to make Cambodian Glutinous Rice Ball
- For the Ginger Syrup: Boil everything together until it is thicker, taste and adjust the sweetness, set aside (do take the Pandand leave out and through away when it is done)
- Mix all the filling together until well combine then take a small piece of sticky filling and roll in to a small ball (a bit bigger than your thumb) set aside and finish the rest.
- Now take a small piece of dough and flat in the palm of your hand and put the sugar filing in the middle wrap the dough and around the filling and roll it to a round ball, set aside finish the rest of dough and filling.
- Fill a pot of water and bring to a boil enough to cook the round ball dough few at a time.
- When the water is boiling drop dough in and let it boil when the dough float to the top let it cook for few more minutes than it should be done.
- When ready to serve keep the syrup warm, spoon some cooked rice ball into a small bowl then add the ginger syrup to it and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm with Tea. You can drizzle warm sweet coconut milk to it if you like.
Related Recipe: Bake Corn Flake with Chicken
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1339
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 221g 80%
Total Fat 42g 54%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Dietary Fiber 12g 43%
Protein 27g 54%
Sodium 638mg 28%
Sugars 91g 182%
Share & Print
← Previous Bake Corn Flake with Chicken