Calories in serving100
Curry beef with beef tripe, eggplant, lotus shoots and coconut soup is absolutely delicious Khmer ethnic food. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Curry Beef Tripe Soup with me.
|Beef tripe, soaked in vinegar, scrubs with baking soda, rinsed well||0.3 kg|
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cloves garlic, minced||3|
|Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||¼|
|Beef, sliced thin||0.3 kg|
|Tablespoons curry powder||2|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Large Asian egg plant, cut chunks||1|
|of Boiled lotus shoot, rinsed and drained||8|
|Kaffir lime leaf||2|
|Cup coconut milk||1|
|Stalks green onion, chopped ½ inch in length||2|
- Put beef tripe and 6 cups water in a large pot, cook for 30 minutes, drained and rinsed well under cold water, cut to chunks bite sizes, set a side.
- Pre-heat a soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass, sliced beef and beef tripe, stir well.
- Seasoning with curry powder, paprika, sugar, fish sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Add eggplant, lotus shoots and kaffir lime leaves.
- Add coconut milk and 4 cups water, and simmering till meat tender.
- Top with green onion.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Related: Beef Curry with Mango
Search Term: Khmer and Cambodia Food, Khmer recipe , Asian recipes