Fried Tilapia with Salty Soy Bean and Ginger Recipe
The Fried Tilapia with Salty Soy Bean and Ginger Recipe is a popular dish in Cambodia and Vietnam, offering a quick and easy preparation that results in an incredible and guaranteed favorite. This Asian delicacy involves frying tilapia with a flavorful combination of ginger, salty soy beans, and other aromatic ingredients.
To prepare the dish, start by cleaning and slicing the tilapia on each side to facilitate faster frying. In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients, including salty soy beans, lime juice, soy sauce or fish sauce, Thai sweet and chili sauce, and water. It’s crucial to taste the sauce and adjust the flavors for the right balance of saltiness, sweetness, and sourness.
Fry the tilapia in a non-stick pan with enough vegetable oil until it achieves a golden brown color on medium heat. Once fried, transfer the fish to a serving plate and set aside. In the same pan, reduce the oil and heat it up again. Brown the garlic, then add ginger, white onion, and jalapeno pepper, stir-frying until tender and aromatic.
Add the prepared sauce mixture to the pan, allowing it to come to a boil before turning off the heat. Allow the sauce to cool slightly before pouring it over the fried tilapia. For a finishing touch, garnish the dish with chopped green onion or cilantro. This flavorful creation is best served with rice, providing a satisfying and delicious meal.
In conclusion, the Fried Tilapia with Salty Soy Bean and Ginger Recipe offers a harmonious blend of textures and tastes, combining the crispy goodness of fried tilapia with the savory and aromatic qualities of ginger, garlic, and soy bean sauce. This dish is a delightful representation of Asian culinary expertise and is sure to be enjoyed by those seeking a flavorful and unique seafood experience.
|1 cleaned tilapia make sure you slice the fish on each side so it fry faster|
|1/2 cup of julienne ginger|
|1/2 cup of julienne white onion|
|1/2 red bell pepper julienne|
|1 julienne Jalapeno pepper seeded if you don’t like spicy|
|2 tablespoon of minced garlic|
|Chopped green onion or cilantro for garnish (optional)|
|Oil to fry the fish|
For the sauce
|2 tablespoon of Salty Soy Beans (this soy beans paste is salty)|
|2 tablespoon of lime juice|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce or fish sauce (make sure you taste the sauce in case it is salty)|
|2 tablespoon of Thai sweet and Chili sauce from the bottle|
|1 tablespoon of water|
Directions to make Fried Tilapia with Salty Soy Bean and Ginger Recipe
- Mix the sauce together in a bowl and set aside (you taste the sauce and adjust what you need for salty, sweet and sour flavor.)
- In a none stick fry pan add enough vegetable oil to fry the tilapia until golden brown on medium heat.
- Take the fish out and set it on a serving plate, set aside.
- In the same pan take some oil out; you only need 2 T to fry the spice ingredients
- Heat the pan back up until hot then add garlic fry until brown then add ginger, white onion, jalapeno pepper, stir fry until tender you can smell the ginger and garlic.
- Now add the sauce mixture in let it come to a boil then turn the heat off. Let the sauce cool a bit before add to the fish plate.
- When serve add the ginger garlic sauce over the fish and garnish with chopped green onion or cilantro.
Serve it with rice
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Stir Fry Beef Noodle Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 519