Grounded Pork Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Stuffed cabbage soup with grounded pork is delicious Khmer country food. The villagers usually prepare this soup on special occasions.
|1/2 large head cabbage, peeled out the leaves from cabbage heart|
|2 stalks green onions, peeled out the longest leaves|
|water (just enough to cover cabbage and green onion)|
|1 lb (450 gram) of grounded pork|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 small package( 2 oz or 56 gram )bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water and chopped|
|2 canned chicken broth (250 gram)|
|2 cups of water|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
Directions to make Grounded Pork Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Put cabbage and green onion leaves in a large pot with enough water to covered it, covered pot with lid and cook till water boiled, drained and set a side.
- In a large bowl, mix grounded pork with fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, bean threat noodles and green onion, mix well and set a side.
- Take a piece of cabbage lay it flat on the cutting board, spoons some prepared grounded pork stuffing and put it on 1/3 of cabbage’s leaf and wraps it like eggroll .
- Used green onion leaf to tie and secures it with toothpick if needed, set a side and continue till done. This recipe for 14 cabbage rolls.
- Put cabbage rolls, chicken broth and water in a soup pot, covered it with lid and simmering for 40 minutes.
- Seasoning soup with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Top with chopped green onion before server.
- Don’t forget to removed tooth pick before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Preserved Turnip with Pork Ribs Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 697