Sadao Meat and Seafood Salad
My family favorite crisp *sadao* and cucumber salad with grilled fish, boiled pork meat and shrimp savory with tamarind sauce is absolutely delicious Khmer food. *Sadao* is edible leaves and flowers of natural insecticide Neem trees. In medicine, *sadao* is rich with calcium and fiber. The villagers use *sadao* as natural laxative for treats constipation.
|4 cups of water|
|1 lb (450 gram) of fresh *sadao* or 2 packages frozen *sadao* ,removed tough stems, washed and drained|
|2 large cucumber, peeled and sliced thin|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 medium snakehead fish or ½ lb (225 gram) of fillet basa|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of pork belly *sach chrouk bei choen*|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of Shrimp|
|A handful fresh Asian coriander leaves, chopped (option)|
Directions to make Sadao Meat and Seafood Salad
- Boiled 4 cups water in a large pot, put sadao in boiling water, stirs quickly and immediately pour sadao in to colander to drained, set it a side.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced cucumber and salt together, squeezed liquid out from cucumber and set it a side.
- Cooked fish on hot grill, when fish cooked set a side to cool then cut it to bite sizes and set a side.
- Boiled meat with 4 cups water till meat tender, removed cooked pork meat from boiling water, sliced thin and set a side.
- Add shrimp to remaining boiled water, cook till shrimp turns darkers pink color, drained cooked shrimp in a colander, rinsed under cold water, peeled, deveined and set a side.
- In large bowl, mixed sadao with cucumber, Asian coriander leaves, pork meat, fish, shrimp and ½ cup prepared tamarind sauce.
Serve immediately with rice and remaining tamarind sauce.
Related Recipe: Shrimp Salad
Share & Print
← Previous Shrimp Salad
Next → Asian Water Spinach Salad