Asian Water Spinach Salad
Shredded Asian water spinach stems with boiled pork, shrimp, hard boiled egg and garlicky vinaigrette sauce is delicious Vietnamese food. Asian Water Spinach Salad is easy to cook at home.
|1 bunch (approx 900 gram) of Asian water spinach|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of lean pork meat or pork belly *sach chrouk bei choan*|
|1 egg (option)|
|4 cups of water|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp|
|1/4 cup of white vinegar|
|1 clove of garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin|
|A handful chopped fresh, mix Asian herbs|
|One Unsalted roasted peanut (option)|
Directions to make Asian Water Spinach Salad
- Picked all the leaves out from Asian water spinach stems, washed, shredded stems and set it a side.
- In a small pot, boiled meat and egg with 4 cups water for 15 minutes, removed cooked egg from boiling water, continue cook meat till meat tender.
- Removed cooked meat from the pot, add shrimp to boiling water and cook till shrimp turns pink color. Pour cook shrimp in to colander, rinsed with cold water, peeled, de-vein and set it a side.
- Sliced boiled pork meat thinly, set it a side.
- Removed egg’s shell, sliced egg thinly and set it a side.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar with garlic, sugar, salt and sweet onion together, mix well, add onion, mix well and set a side.
- Put shredded Asian water spinach in a large bowl, pour prepared vinaigrette sauce over, mix well, add meat, shrimp and mix herbs, tossed lightly.
- Top with roasted peanut and egg.
Serve with rice and sweet fish sauce, or with my family favorite pickle fish dipping sauce (tirk pahok).
Related Recipe: Sadao Meat and Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 3
Calories Per Serving: 545
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 17g 6%
Cholesterol 301mg 100%
Total Fat 24g 31%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Dietary Fiber 7g 25%
Protein 62g 124%
Sodium 2164mg 94%
Sugars 5g 10%
Share & Print
← Previous Sadao Meat and Seafood Salad