Calories in serving100
Shredded Asian water spinach stems with boiled pork, shrimp,hard boiled egg and garlicky vinaigrette sauce is delicious Vietnamese food. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Vietnamese people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Asian Water Spinach Salad with me.
|Bunch(approx 1.50 kg) Asian water spinach||1|
|Lean pork meat or pork belly *sach chrouk bei choan*||0.25 kg|
|Cup white vinegar||¼|
|Clove garlic, minced||1|
|Sweet onion, sliced thin||½|
|handful chopped fresh, mix Asian herbs||A|
|Unsalted roasted peanut(option)||One|
Directions to make Asian Water Spinach Salad
- Picked all the leaves out from Asian water spinach stems, washed, shredded stems and set it a side.
- In a small pot, boiled meat and egg with 4 cups water for 15 minutes, removed cooked egg from boiling water, continue cook meat till meat tender.
- Removed cooked meat from the pot, add shrimp to boiling water and cook till shrimp turns pink color. Pour cook shrimp in to colander, rinsed with cold water, peeled, de-vein and set it a side.
- Sliced boiled pork meat thinly, set it a side.
- Removed egg’s shell, sliced egg thinly and set it a side.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar with garlic, sugar, salt and sweet onion together, mix well, add onion, mix well and set a side.
- Put shredded Asian water spinach in a large bowl, pour prepared vinaigrette sauce over, mix well, add meat, shrimp and mix herbs, tossed lightly.
- Top with roasted peanut and egg.
- Serve with rice and sweet fish sauce, or with my family favorite pickle fish dipping sauce (tirk pahok).
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Asian recipe