Thai Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken
Don’t forget to try Thai Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken. I had this dish at a local Thai restaurant and fell in love. The chef was kind enough to give me some guidance in how to make it. It is surprisingly easy. Goes nicely over basmati rice.
|2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into small chunks|
|1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning|
|1 tablespoon of olive oil|
|1 (2 pound or 900 gram) of sugar pumpkin -- peeled, seeded and cubed|
|1 tablespoon of butter|
|1 onion, chopped|
|2 cloves of garlic, chopped|
|1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon of ground coriander|
|1 tablespoon of ground cumin|
|1 pinch of ground turmeric|
|1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup of canned coconut milk|
|1 1/2 cups of chicken broth|
|salt to taste|
Directions to make Thai Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken
- Season the chicken pieces with poultry seasoning and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the skillet; cook and stir until browned on the outside and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger; cook and stir until onion is transparent.
- Season with coriander, cumin, turmeric, and red pepper flakes.
- Continue to cook and stir until spices are fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, cooked chicken, coconut milk and chicken broth. Season with salt to taste.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat. Serve over rice or noodles.
Related Recipe: Fried Rice with Curry Pineapple
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 731