Calories in serving1
I had this dish at a local Thai restaurant and fell in love. The chef was kind enough to give me some guidance in how to make it. It is surprisingly easy. Goes nicely over basmati rice. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Thai people prefer cooking this kind of healthy food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make this Thai recipes, Thai Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken with me.
|2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into small chunks|
|1 teaspoon poultry seasoning|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 (2 pound) sugar pumpkin -- peeled, seeded and cubed|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon ground coriander|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 pinch ground turmeric|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup canned coconut milk|
|1 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|salt to taste|
Directions to make Thai Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken
- Season the chicken pieces with poultry seasoning and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the skillet; cook and stir until browned on the outside and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger; cook and stir until onion is transparent.
- Season with coriander, cumin, turmeric, and red pepper flakes.
- Continue to cook and stir until spices are fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, cooked chicken, coconut milk and chicken broth. Season with salt to taste.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat. Serve over rice or noodles.
Enjoy it with me
Related: Fried Rice with Curry Pineapple
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Healthy Food, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Thai recipes, cooking recipes