Vegetables and Pork Meatball Soup
This Khmer soup with pork meatballs, green papaya, potato, carrot and celery taste great with either rice or bread, Also it is very easy to make.
|1/2 lb (255 gram) of grounded pork|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1/2 yellow onion, minced|
|5 cups of water|
|1 carrot, cut chunks|
|2 white potato, peeled and cut chunks|
|1/2 medium size green papaya, peeled, seeded and cut chunks|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|1 cube Maggi chicken bouillon|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|2 stalks green onion, chopped|
Directions to make Vegetables and Pork Meatball Soup
- In a small bowl, mix grounded pork with fish sauce, sugar , black pepper and yellow onion, make small meatballs, when done set a side.
- Put water in a large soup pot, cook till water bubbling.
- Add meatballs, carrot, potato, green papaya, celery and chicken bouillon to boiling water, cook till vegetables tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Top with green onion.
- Serve hot with rice or hot crusty Italian or French bread.
Serve hot with rice or hot crusty Italian or French bread.
Related: Pumpkin and Pork Meat Balls Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1031