Pumpkin and Pork Meat Balls Soup
Delicious pumpkin and pork meatballs soup is Khmer country food. Khmer loves pumpkin for many reasons. Pumpkin not only taste great but rich with potassium, vitamin A and high beta-carotene. Pumpkin is an ancient vegetable that has been in Cambodia for thousands of years. In the ancient time, the villager’s medicine men took sun dried pumpkin and crushed in to medicine powder to treats headache, fever and other diseases. Today, the medical researchers has proven that pumpkin is indeed a natural medicine that can help fight cancer. Also prevent hardening arteries which main causes for stroke and heart attack, because pumpkin contains high beta-carotene.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of grounded pork|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 stalk green onion, minced|
|4 cups of water|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut bite sizes cubes|
Directions to make Pumpkin and Pork Meat Balls Soup
- In a small bowl, mix grounded pork with fish sauce, salt, sugar, black pepper and green onion, makes small pork meatballs, when done set a side.
- Put water in a soup pot, cook till water bubbling.
- Drops pork meatballs in boiling water, cook till meat tender.
- Add pumpkin, cook till pumpkin tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and black pepper.
- Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Related: Zucchini Soup with Grounded Pork
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 803