Winter Melon Gourd and Steamed Mackerel Soup
Salty steamed mackerels and winter melon gourd soup is delicious and easy to make food that original from Cambodia. Most people prefers boneless salty steamed mackerel for this soup.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|1 clove of garlic, chopped|
|1 package of 2 salty steamed mackerel|
|4 cups of water or 2 canned (14.5 oz or 411 gram) of chicken broth|
|1 (approx 2-3 lbs or 85 gram) winter melon gourd, peeled and cut in to chunks bite sizes|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 stalks of green onion, chopped|
Directions to make Winter Melon Gourd and Steamed Mackerel Soup
- To de-bones fish(optional). First cleaned fish; removed fish heads and guts, take a little sharp knife cut an opening at it belly as butterfly cut and gently pulls the central bones out without breaking it shape, set a side.
- Pre-heat a skillet or wok.
- When wok is hot, add oil and garlic, stirs till garlic brown but not burn, removed toasted garlic from hot oil, add steamed mackerel, pan fried steamed mackerel till it lightly brown on both sides and set a side.
- Put winter melon and water (or chicken broth)in a soup pot, cooked till winter melon gourd almost tender.
- Add steamed mackerel, cooked till winter melon gourd tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt, sugar and black pepper.
- Top with green onion before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Pea Shoots and Basa Fish Soup
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 574
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
Cholesterol 130mg 43%
Total Fat 40g 51%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 36g 72%
Sodium 3935mg 171%
Sugars 14g 28%
Share & Print
← Previous Pea Shoots and Basa Fish Soup