Cambodian Green Papaya Salad Recipe
Cambodian Green Papaya Salad Recipe is made mainly from green papaya, tomato and lime juice and another few ingredients. This easy dinner recipe is about to become your new favorite. You might have heard of green papaya salad before, but it was probably the Thai or Laos version. This Cambodian take is that little bit different, and has it’s own, wonderful fresh flavor.
|4 cups of shredded green Papaya|
|1 sliced tomato length wise|
|1 tablespoon of lime juice|
|4 yard beans, cut to 1 inch long|
|3 cloves of garlic|
|2 Thai chilies pepper (this is hot but it won’t taste good without it.)|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|2 tablespoon of Som Tam powder|
|2 tablespoon of crush peanut for garnish (optional)|
Directions to make Cambodian Green Papaya Salad recipe
- In a Mortar and Pestle pound the garlic, yard bean, and chilies till it is flat and split apart
- Add papaya pound with one hand and use spoon to stir it with your left hand to mix it well together
- Add fish sauce, som tam powder; mix it again with spoon till all well mix
- Add sliced tomato pound it well together
- Now the salad should has some juice in it.
- Put it on serving plate garnish with peanut and serve with sticky rice wrap in lettuce or cabbage leaf
This meal is best served as weeknight dinner. You can put more chili if you prefer spicy
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Easy Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 615