Sweet potato or yams with caramelized cinnamon butter sugar is very delicious. Candies Yams is traditional holiday food in America.
|4 medium size sweet potatoes or yam, peeled and cubes|
|5 cups of water|
|1/2 stick of butter|
|1 cup of light brown sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder|
|8 oz (230 gram) of marshmallow|
Directions to make Candies Yams
- Put sweet potato and water in a large pot, cook for 10 minutes, drained.
- Put cooked potato in a greased bake ware, set a side.
- Melted butter in a small sauce-pan, add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon powder, stirs well.
- Pour sugar butter evenly over cooked potato.
- Bake in 350-degrees oven until potato tender and sauce thicken.
- Put marshmallows on top and continue to bake till marshmallows melted.
Serve hot or warm.
Related Recipe: Chive and Shrimp Dumpling
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 612
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 110g 40%
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Total Fat 18g 23%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Dietary Fiber 3g 11%
Protein 5g 10%
Sodium 583mg 25%
Sugars 81g 162%
Share & Print
← Previous Chive and Shrimp Dumpling