Khmer Hot Beef Salad
Cambodian people love Khmer Hot Beef Salad. Sizzling sliced beef with sweet tangy vinaigrette sauce over crisp lettuce, tomato and cucumber is absolutely delicious. This authentic Khmer recipe takes more time to prepare but very little time to cook.
|1 lb (450 gram) of Round or Sirloin beef, sliced thin|
|1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1/4 cup of water|
|1 tablespoon of white vinegar|
|1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch|
|1 small bunch Romain lettuce or 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, chopped 2 inches in length|
|1 cucumber, sliced|
|2 tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|1 vidalia onion (sweet onion), sliced|
|4 cloves of garlic, minced|
|3 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
Directions to make Khmer Hot Beef Salad
- Mix sliced beef with soy sauce, in a large bowl, fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper, mix well and set a side.
- In a small bowl, mix water with vinegar, sugar, salt and cornstarch together, mix well and set a side.
- In a large plate or platter, arranges cucumber, tomatoes and ½ amount sliced onion, and put lettuce in the middle of plate, set a side.
- Heat up a skillet or wok in high temperature.
- When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and marinated beef, stirs and cook beef to your liking.
- Add vinaigrette sauce with beef, stirs till sauce thicken.
- Put hot beef on top crisp vegetables.
Serve immediately with rice.
Related Recipe: Orange Beef Salad
Serving Size: 3
Calories Per Serving: 466