Chocolate covered Cherries or mint
Chocolate covered Cherries or mint is a delicious sweet for Christmas day. For those of you that is good at making candy you can share idea with me next Christmas so I know how to do it right. My daughter and her friends had a lot of fun making these candies.
|3 tablespoon of soften butter|
|3 tablespoon of light corn syrup|
|2 cups of powder sugar|
Directions to make Chocolate covered Cherries or mint
- For the chocolate covered you can use any melts chocolate in the store.
- In a medium size bowl mix the butter and corn syrup until smooth then add powder sugar until it hard enough to knead.
- Knead until the dough is solid and smooth.
- If the dough is not stiff enough keep cover and refrigerated for 15 minutes.
For the mint filling
- I use part of the dough and add few drops of mint extract and green food coloring to it then mix it until the dough turn light or dark green up to you.
- For the Cherry filling you can buy any cherries in a jar at the grocery store if you get the one with stem on is easy to dip in chocolate.
- You need to wrap all the filling with the dough first and lay in on a tray not touching.
- Take out 1 t of the dough and flat it on the palm of your hand put the cherry with stem up and wrap the flat dough around it to cover the cherry. Repeat with the rest of the dough and filling.
- I did the same for the mint make sure you make it small enough so the white dough can cover it easily.
- I did it with pistachio nut and peanut butter except for peanut butter I form into a small ball and refrigerated for 30 minutes until it is hard.
To dip the dough in chocolate
- Over low heat on the stove(use double boiler with water underneat) melt 1 lb of any white, or dark chocolate coating, dip each filling in and lay on the baking sheet with waxed paper to keep the candy from sticking to the tray. Repeat the remaining until all gone.
- Let the chocolate sit for few hours or overnight is best then wrap it as gift. If you want color coating go to Michael Craft store they have all kind of color coating chocolate.
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Fry Teriyaki Noodle with Hot Dog
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 350
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 71g 26%
Cholesterol 23mg 8%
Total Fat 9g 12%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Sodium 62mg 3%
Sugars 63g 126%
← Previous Fry Teriyaki Noodle with Hot Dog
Next → Slow Cook Pot Chuck Roast