Cucumber Salad with Chicken Gizzards
Boiled chicken gizzards with crisp cucumber, carrot, mix herbs, bean-thread noodles and vinaigrette sauce is Khmer food. This delicious Cucumber Salad with Chicken Gizzards is great for appetizer (mahope sar) or with rice.
|1 lb (450 gram) of chicken gizzards, cleaned each one well, drained|
|1/3 cup of white vinegar|
|6 cups of water|
|3 tablespoons of sugar|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|2 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1 small package (approx 1.7 oz or 50 gram) of bean thread noodles|
|3 fresh cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienne|
|3 carrots, peeled and shredded|
|1 cup of chopped fresh herbs; ( mint, sweet basil leaves and cilantro)|
|1/2 cup of unsalted roasted peanut or honey roasted peanut|
Directions to make Cucumber Salad with Chicken Gizzards
- Put chicken gizzards and water in a small pot and boiled till gizzard tender (but not over cook), drained, sliced gizzards thin and set a side.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar with sugar, salt and fish sauce, mix well, add green onion, stirs well and set it a side.
- Soaked bean thread noodle in hot water for 5 minutes, drained and cut an inch in length.
- In a large bowl, mix noodle with cucumber, carrots, herbs and gizzards together, add prepared vinaigrette sauce, mix well.
- Top with roasted peanut before serve.
Serve as appetizer (mahope sar) or with rice along with ginger sauce.
Related Recipe: Cornish Hen with Green Papaya Salad
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 403
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 78g 28%
Cholesterol 120mg 40%
Total Fat 6g 8%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Dietary Fiber 12g 43%
Protein 17g 34%
Sodium 1998mg 87%
Sugars 31g 62%
← Previous Cornish Hen with Green Papaya Salad
Next → Orange Beef Salad