Easy Fried Mozzarella String Cheese
The Easy Fried Mozzarella String Cheese recipe provides a convenient and delicious snack option, especially when prepared ahead and frozen for several weeks. The process involves coating mozzarella string cheese sticks with a crispy layer, resulting in a tasty treat that pairs well with various sauces such as pizza sauce or ranch.
To make this dish, first, a mixture of milk and eggs is created in one plate. In a separate plate, flour is combined with seasoning salt, providing a flavorful base for the cheese coating. Panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoning flakes are mixed in another plate, creating a crunchy outer layer. The string cheese sticks are then dipped in the egg mixture, followed by the seasoned flour. Afterward, they are re-dipped in egg and coated with the panko mixture for an extra crispy texture.
To ensure the bread crumbs adhere well, the cheese sticks are laid on a baking tray and frozen for one hour. This step is crucial for achieving the desired level of crunchiness during frying. In a pan with heated oil on medium heat, the string cheese is carefully fried until golden brown on all sides. Once cooked, the fried cheese sticks are drained on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Alternatively, the mozzarella sticks can be baked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown, depending on the oven. It’s important to keep an eye on them to prevent overcooking. The finished product can be enjoyed with a variety of sauces, making it a versatile and satisfying snack or appetizer.
|16 to 20 Mozzarella String Cheese (peel and set aside)|
|1/2 cup of flour|
|1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt (any kind you like)|
|1/4 cup of milk|
|1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs|
|1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning flakes or any herb you like|
Directions to make Easy Fried Mozzarella String Cheese
- In first plate beat milk and eggs
- In the second plate mix flour with seasoning salt
- In the third plate mix Panko with Italian seasoning
- Take a string cheese dip in egg then roll it in flour
- Dip again in egg then roll it in panko bread crumbs
- If you want the thickness of the bread crumbs you dip it again in egg then roll back in bread crumbs
- Lay each string cheese on baking tray and freeze it for 1 hour (I made 50 string cheeses at a time and freeze it for later)
- Put enough oil in fry pan heat oil on medium heat until hot drop few pieces of string cheeses and fry each side until golden brown turning one, take out and drain on paper towel.
- Bake at 400 degree for 5 minutes each side until brown make sure you keep checking it depend on the oven.
Let it cool serve with any sauce you like even salsa as appetizer
Note: you have to freeze it for 1 hour before you fry them or else the bread crumbs will not stick to the cheese.
Related Recipe: Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Celery
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1154