Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp
Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp is a delightful Khmer dish that combines the savory flavors of pork belly and shrimp with the soft texture of rice noodles. This simple yet delicious recipe is easy to recreate at home, offering a taste of authentic Khmer cuisine.
To begin, boil 6 cups of water in a large pot and cook the rice noodles until tender. After draining and rinsing the noodles, set them aside. In a small bowl, create a sauce by mixing water with fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar, ensuring a well-blended mixture. Heat a non-stick skillet or wok, adding oil, minced garlic, and thinly sliced pork belly. Stir in salt and black pepper, cooking until the meat is tender.
Continue by incorporating sliced yellow onion, julienned carrot, and peeled, deveined shrimp into the wok, stirring until the shrimp takes on a darker pink hue. Add the pre-cooked noodles to the wok, ensuring they are thoroughly heated. Season the dish with the prepared sauce, stirring well to coat the ingredients. Finally, introduce bean sprouts, cut chive, and chopped green onion, ensuring even distribution throughout the flavorful mixture.
This Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp dish is best served hot, accompanied by sweet fish sauce for a perfect balance of flavors. The recipe showcases the ease with which Khmer cuisine can be prepared in the comfort of one’s home, offering a delicious and satisfying meal that captures the essence of traditional Cambodian flavors. Whether enjoyed as a quick weekday dinner or shared with friends and family, this dish brings the taste of Khmer culinary delights to any dining table.
|6 cups of water
|1 package of fresh rice noodle (katiev) or 1/2 package rice dried rice noodle
|1 teaspoon of fish sauce
|1 teaspoon of soy sauce
|1 teaspoon of sugar
|3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
|2 cloves of garlic, minced
|4 oz (113 gram) of pork belly (sach chrouk bey choen), sliced thin
|1/2 teaspoon of salt
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
|1 yellow onion, sliced
|1 carrot, peeled and julienne
|8 oz (230 gram) of shrimp, peel and divined
|8 oz (230 gram) of bean sprout, washed and drained
|4 oz (113 gram) of chive, cut 2 inches in length
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped
Directions to make Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp
- Put 6 cups water in a large pot, add noodle to boiling water cook till noodle tender( 10 minutes for fresh noodle and about 20 minutes for dried noodle), do not over cook noodle. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed with cold water and set a side to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix water with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar together, mix well and set a side. Heat up a non- stick skillet or wok.
- When wok is hot, add oil, garlic and pork meat, stirs, add salt and black pepper, stirs well till meat tender.
- Add yellow onion, carrot and shrimp, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Add cooked noodle stirs till noodle hot.
- Seasoning with prepared sauce, stirs well, add bean sprouts, chive and green onion, stirs well.
Serve hot with sweet fish sauce.
Related Recipe: Fried Curry Bread
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 775