German Hot Potato Salad
Famous German hot potato salad with sweet vinaigrette sauce, onion and bacon bits is a great side dish. Very easy to cook and very delicious.
|3 medium size Yukon potatoes, peeled and cut cubes|
|4 cups of water|
|1 tablespoon of white vinegar|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of cornstarch or all purpose flour|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil|
|1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion|
|1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley|
|1 tablespoon of bacon bits|
Directions to make German Hot Potato Salad
- Put potato and 4 cups water in a large pot, cook till potato tender (do not over cook potato), pour cooked potato in a colander, set a side to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup water with vinegar, sugar, salt, cornstarch and black pepper, mix well and set a side.
- Pre-heat a skillet or wok.
- When skillet is hot, add oil and onion, stirs, add parsley and vinaigrette sauce, stirs well till sauce thicken then add boiled potato, stirs well.
- Sprinkles with bacon bits before serve.
Serve hot with German pork chop and sauerkraut.
Related Recipe: Khmer Hot Beef Salad
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 416
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 58g 21%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Total Fat 18g 23%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
Protein 9g 18%
Sodium 843mg 37%
Sugars 9g 18%
Share & Print
← Previous Khmer Hot Beef Salad