Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken with Yoshida Sauce
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken with Yoshida Sauce offers a straightforward and flavorful dish that can be easily prepared at home. The recipe calls for 1.5 pounds of chicken cubes, which can be either chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces or thinly sliced according to personal preference. It is recommended to soak skewers in water ahead of time to prevent burning during the grilling process.
The marinade for this dish is a delightful combination of 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup of Yoshida sauce, chopped green onions, and a teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds. The chicken is marinated for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to infuse. When ready, the chicken is threaded onto skewers, ensuring there’s enough sauce to cover the meat during the marination process.
On the grill, the chicken is cooked over medium heat until the meat turns brown. Basting is a key step in the process, using the teriyaki and Yoshida sauce mix to enhance the flavors and keep the chicken moist. The recipe also incorporates pineapple, cut to a length suitable for skewering. The pineapple is grilled alongside the chicken, and towards the end, the sauce mix is brushed onto the pineapple for a caramelized finish.
Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken can be served alongside rice or an Asian vegetable salad, creating a balanced and satisfying meal. The combination of savory teriyaki and sweet Yoshida sauce, along with the grilled pineapple, adds layers of flavor to the chicken. This recipe offers a delightful way to enjoy a tropical and savory dish, perfect for a quick and delicious meal at home.
|1 1/2 lb of chicken cube (680 gram)|
|1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (125 ml)|
|1/2 cup Yoshida sauce (125 ml)|
|1 green onion chopped|
|1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds|
|2 lbs of chicken (900 gram)|
Directions to make Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken with Yoshida Sauce
- Use any kind of chicken thigh or chicken breast cut to bite site or sliced thin whatever you like
- Pineapple cut it long enough that you can put it on the skewer
- Mix and marinate the chicken at least 4 hours or overnight, Make sure you mix extra sauce for basting
- Thread the chicken into skewers (when I marinate meat I make sure to have enough sauce to cover the meat)
- Grill the chicken on medium heat until the meat turn brown then start basting the chicken on both sides with the teriyaki and Yoshida sauce mix.
- Do the same with the pineapple and when it is almost done brush the sauce on it grill until the pineapple caramelized.
Serve with Rice or Asian vegetable salad.
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-cream Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 791