Khmer Italian Marinara Sauce
Khmer Italian Marinara Sauce is very easy to make which originate from European. This Cambodian sauce only popular among young Khmer people.
This recipe make from stewed tomatoes, tomato pastes, chopped fresh parsley and other ingredients such as cloves of minced garlic. It become popular in Cambodia community recently.
|2 cans (14.5oz) of stewed tomatoes|
|1 can (6oz) of tomato pastes|
|1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley|
|2 cloves of minced garlic|
|1 tsp of fresh oregano|
|1 tsp of Italian seasoning|
|1 tsp of salt|
|1/4 tsp of ground fresh black pepper|
|1/2 onion diced|
|1/4 cup + 2 T olive oil|
|1/2 cup of cooking white wine|
|1 pkg of sweetener (optional)|
Directions to make Khmer Italian Marinara Sauce
- Put everything together (except the sweetener) in the blender and blend it till smooth.
- Pour the sauce in a medium sauce pan and turn the heat to medium till bubble
- Add the sweetener if needed up to you.
- Then turn the heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and ready to serve on pasta.
- You can freeze left over sauce very nicely in a container for later.
Serve with my homemade Italian sausage and any kind of pasta; just pour this sauce over the pasta.
Thank you and enjoy it
Related Recipe: Cambodian Lemon Grass Salmon Patty
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 154