Tender beefsteak braised with light creamy tomato sauce is absolutely delicious Swiss food. This classic Swiss steak is made with a thick slice of top round steak slow cooked in tomato sauce until completely tender.
|2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, or soy sauce|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon of light brown sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of beef chuck or Sirloin, cut to steak sizes|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 stalk of celery, chopped|
|2 Roma tomato, diced|
|1 can of cream of chicken mushroom soup|
|1 cup of water|
|2 tablespoons of all purpose flour|
Directions to make Swiss Steak
- In a small bowl, mix Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce) with garlic, sugar, salt and black pepper. Rubs marinade sauce on steak and set it a side.
- Pre-heated a large skillet.
- When skillet is hot, add oil and marinated steak, pan-fried till steak brown on both sides.
- Add onion, celery, tomato, cream of chicken and mushroom soup, and 1-¼ cup water, stirs well and simmering in low heat till meat tender.
- Mix remaining ¼ cup water with flour in a small bowl, mix well, pour flour water in with meat, stirs till sauce thicken.
Serve hot with rice, hot French bread or with mashed potato.
Related Recipe: German Pork Chop and Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 571