Shrimp and Pickle Lotus Stems
One of Sino-Khmer favorite holiday recipes to cook for Chinese New Year is stir-fry shrimp with crisp pickle lotus. This recipe is quick, easy and delicious. Great for serve as appetizer (mahope sar) or serve with rice along with a salty dish such as caramelized pork and egg with coconut juice.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion or 6 scallions, sliced|
|1 lb (450 gram) of shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|1 lb (450 gram) of pickle lotus stems, rinsed and drained|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|2 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|A handful chopped cilantro (option)|
Directions to make Shrimp and Pickle Lotus Stems
- Pre heat a skillet or wok.
- When wok is hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion (or scallions), shrimp and lotus stems, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Seasoning with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and salt, stirs well.
- Add green onion and black pepper, stirs.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
Related Recipe: Caramelized Fish with Pineapple
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 588