Vegetables Beef Soup
Khmer Vegetables Beef Soup is one of the popular recipe in Cambodia. This Khmer hot spicy beef soup with potato, daikon and cabbage is delicious, and easy to prepare.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|2 Cloves garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, sliced|
|1 lb (450 gram) of Beef chuck, cut chunks bite sizes|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|3 Chopped chili pepper or to your taste(option)|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|3 cups of water (750 ml)|
|1 can (8 oz or 230 gram) of Hunt’s tomato sauce|
|1 Stalk celery, chopped|
|2 white or red potato, peeled and cut chunks|
|1 cup of baby carrot or 1 carrot, peeled and cut chunks|
|1 cup of already peeled and cubes daikon|
|4 cups of chopped cabbage|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
Directions to make Vegetables Beef Soup
- Pre-heat a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and beef, stirs well.
- Put soy sauce, salt, chili pepper and black pepper.
- Add water, tomato sauce and celery, cook till beef tender.
- Put potato, carrot and daikon, cook till potato tender.
- Add cabbage, cook till cabbage tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar. Stirs well.
Serve hot with rice or with hot bread.
Related Recipe: Oxtail Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1124
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 126g 46%
Cholesterol 203mg 68%
Total Fat 29g 37%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Dietary Fiber 30g 107%
Protein 80g 160%
Sodium 7251mg 315%
Sugars 51g 102%
Next → Beef and Potato Soup