White Yam with Pork Soup
Starchy white yam with grounded pork soup is delicious Khmer country food. This easy recipe is also very good with fillet basa fish or snakehead fish*trey tok*.
|1/2 lb (255 gram) of grounded pork|
|1 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 stalks green onion, chopped|
|4 cups of water|
|1 lb (450 gram) of white yam, peeled and grated (approx 2 cups)|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|6 fresh saw leaves herb *chee pala*, chopped|
Directions to make White Yam with Pork Soup
- In a small bowl, mix grounded pork with 1 tablespoon fish sauce,black pepper and green onion. Mix well and set a side.
- Put water in a soup pot and cook till water bubbling boiled.
- Add prepared grounded pork and yam to boiling water and cook till yam tender. Stirs often.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Top with saw leaves herb.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Pork and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1054
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 140g 51%
Cholesterol 152mg 51%
Total Fat 33g 42%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Dietary Fiber 19g 68%
Protein 49g 98%
Sodium 2784mg 121%
Sugars 16g 32%
← Previous Pork and Vegetable Soup
Next → Pork with Taro Root Soup