Cambodian Vegetables Stew Recipe
Cambodian Vegetables Stew Recipe known as Somlor Kor Ko is traditional Khmer food. The best vegetables for this stew is Asian pumpkin, long bean, green papaya, and all kind of egg plant.
|2 cups of Pork, Cat fish, Chicken legs ect…I like Pork with Cat fish, cut to bite site|
|2 cups of shredded papaya (do it by hand is the best)|
|4 Thai medium round eggplants (trop )|
|1 small long purple eggplant cut to bite size|
|1 cup of long bean or green bean cut to bite site|
|1 cup of tiny baby eggplant (it comes fresh with stem on or in a jar)|
|1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon of roasted rice|
|1 cup of pumpkin|
|1 to 2 tablespoon of prahok up to you|
|1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)|
|2 cup of green leaves like bitter melons, green chili pepper leaves|
|4 cups of water, 1 can of chicken broth|
For the lemongrass paste
|2 stalk of lemongrass slice thin|
|4 kaffir lime leaves slice thin|
|1/4 teaspoon of turmeric|
|3 to 4 cloves of garlic|
|2 pieces of galangal|
|1 ½ pieces of finger roots|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of knorr chicken bouillon|
Directions to make Cambodian Vegetables Stew Recipe
- In a mortar pestle pound all the ingredients together into paste except the chicken bouillon you put it last
- Make sure the lemongrass paste has a yellow color of turmeric if not enough put a bit more.
- You need a big pot to do this stew
- Turn the stove on add to the pot meat and lemongrass paste with 1 cup of water first (if you use fish handle it carefully) stir till the meat is no longer pink and fish is about to be done but not cook.
- Take the fish out only and set aside.
- Now add all the vegetables except the green leaves for garnish add the rest of water and chicken broth
- Turn the heat to medium and cook the vegetables for 15 minutes until it is tender
- Then add prahok, roasted rice and fish back into the pot, cook for few more minutes, at this point taste your stew and adjust the flavor by adding sugar, msg, and fish sauce up to you. Garnish with the green leaves then turn the heat off.
Serve hot with rice and chili fish sauce
Related Recipe: Chinese Sesame Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 814