Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple and cherry topping. You can made this delicious dessert prepped for the oven in just one a few minutes.
|1/4 cup of butter melted|
|1 cup of pack brown sugar|
|1 can of pineapple ring, drained juice reserved to make one cup|
|1 ½ cup of maraschino Cherries without stems|
|1 box of Yellow Cake mix (replaces water with Pineapple juice)|
Directions to make Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Mix the cake according to package by replaces water with 1 cup of pineapple juice (if you don’t have enough juice add water to make 1 cup) set aside
- Melt the butter in 9×13 baking dish in the oven at 350 degree, take out when the butter is melted
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in melted butter
- Lay the pineapple ring on top of the brown sugar
- Put the cherries in the middle and between pineapple
- Next lay the cake mix evenly on the top
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes; insert the toothpick inside the cake if it comes out clean it is done
- Take the cake out, immediately run the knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Place a serving plate upside down onto pan, turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake for 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake. Remove pan. Cool for 30 minutes.
Serve warm or cold with tea or coffee or hot chocolate.
Related Recipe: Homemade Pineapple Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1795