Homemade Pineapple Dinner Rolls
Homemade Pineapple Dinner Rolls are a soft and easily prepared delight. The recipe emphasizes the importance of allowing the dough to rise sufficiently during the second proofing. The ingredients list calls for a combination of wheat and white bread flour, along with eggs, pineapple juice, sugar, salt, ground ginger, vanilla extract, yeast, and melted butter.
To begin, the wet ingredients such as butter, eggs, pineapple juice, sugar, salt, ginger, and vanilla are mixed together in a kitchen aid or mixing bowl on low speed until well combined. Next, a portion of the flour and one envelope of yeast are added and mixed until the dough starts coming together. Then, the remaining flour and yeast are incorporated until the dough achieves a smooth consistency. If the dough is too soft, a bit more flour can be added or it can be kneaded with a touch more flour.
The dough is then taken out and kneaded on a floured surface for about 5 minutes until it reaches a very smooth texture. It’s placed in a well-sprayed large bowl and covered, allowing it to rise for approximately 1 ½ hours. After the first rise, the dough is punched down, kneaded, and divided into 24 equal pieces, shaped into small balls, and arranged in a sprayed baking dish. The dough is then allowed to rise for the second time, ideally until it has doubled in size, which can take around 3 hours or longer.
When ready to bake, the oven is preheated to 350 degrees, and the rolls are baked for 25 to 30 minutes, depending on individual oven settings. After baking, the rolls are taken out and brushed with a mixture of melted honey and butter. These Homemade Pineapple Dinner Rolls are best served hot or warm, offering a delightful combination of softness and sweetness.
|6 to 7 cups of wheat and white bread flour
|1 ½ cup of pineapple juice
|3/4 cup of sugar
|2 teaspoon of salt
|1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
|1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
|2 envelopes of yeasts
|1 stick of butter melted
Directions to make Homemade Pineapple Dinner Rolls
- In a kitchen aid or mixing bowl put butter, eggs, pineapple juice, sugar, salt, ginger, vanilla and mix it on low speed until well combine
- Now add 3 cups of wheat and one envelope of yeast and mix until the dough is combining
- Next add 3 cups of white flour and the last envelope of yeast and mix it until the dough become smooth
- If the dough is still too soft you can add a bit more of flour to it or you can knead it with a bit more flour
- Take it out flour your work surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes until it is very smooth
- Spray a big bowl and put the dough in cover let it raise for 1 ½ hours.
- Take the dough out after it raised, punch down and knead and roll it to make round dough, divide the dough to 24 equal pieces shape to small balls. Spray baking dish and let the dough rise for the second time as long as you can. I did it until it is double size for 3 hours or longer.
- When ready to bake turn the even on to 350 degree and bake for 25 to 30 minutes depend on your oven. My oven only takes 25 minutes. Take them out the oven and brush it with melted honey and butter.
Serve hot or warm.
Related Recipe: Homemade Tapioca Honey Milk
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 1144