Loofah Soup with Shrimp
Let’s start cooking Loofah Soup with Shrimp is simple and easy to make at home. Loofah is one of the most popular ancient vegetables that have been in Cambodia since single digit century. Loofah belong to gourd family. The green loofah looks like giant cucumbers that can be use as food, as homeopathic medicine for regulate the menstrual cycle, eliminate diseases of the liver, and release constipation.
The fibrous from ripe loofah is world-renowned for one of the best exfoliates, with natural ability to help skin looking healthy and young. Many products were made from loofah such as slippers, hats, hand fans, carpets, baskets, soap, body scrub lotion, and cosmetic pads for remove top layer of death skin. Back home, our people use dried fibrous loofah for bath sponge, and clean dishes. Cooked loofah tastes great and has a delightful light fragrant.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|4 cups of water|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of loofah, peeled and julienne|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 beaten egg|
Directions to make Loofah Soup with Shrimp
- In a small bowl, put shrimp with salt, black pepper and green onion, mix well and set a side.
- Put water in a soup pot and cook till water boiling.
- Add loofah and cook till loofah tender.
- Add marinated shrimp and cook till it turns darker pink color.
- Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar.
- Slowly pours and stirs beaten egg in to boiling soup.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Yu Choy with Taro and Shrimp Ball Soup
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 664