Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork Recipe
Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork Recipe is an easy, tasty side dish that you can make at home. This is Vietnamese dish with Rice paper steam or dried rice paper soak in warm water. If you choose to do the steam rice paper you need to have a steamer with round cloth on the top to steam the rice flour mixture.
For the filling you need
|25oz dried cloud ear mushrooms, soaked for 30 minutes, wash and cut it to small pieces|
|1 lb of ground pork|
|2 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|2 garlic cloves minced|
|2 shallots minced|
|2 spring onions finely chopped|
|1/2 of onion minced|
|Fried shallots (shell at the Asian store ready to use)|
|Mints and herbs to garnish before serve|
Directions to make Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork Recipe
- In a blow mix ground pork and dried mushroom together
- In a wok or fry pan add oil over medium heat until hot
- Add garlic, shallots, and onion stir fry until golden
- Add the pork mixture and stir fry until the pork is cooked
- Season with pepper; sugar, fish sauce mix well, take the meat mixture out put in a blow let cool before you roll.
How to roll Rice Rolls Stuffed or Banh Cuon
- Place the rice sheets on a flat surface, spoon a tablespoon of the pork mixture onto the middle of each sheet.
- Fold one side over the filling, tuck in the sides, and roll to enclose the filling, so that it is resembles like fresh spring rolls.
- If you use fresh steam rice paper it is easy because it is stick together, all you have to do just put the filling in and roll.
To serve the rice roll or Banh Cuon,
- In a serving plate lay the rice roll as many you like
- Add fried shallots or garlic on top if you have herb, mint or basil garnish on the top
- Then drizzle with sweet fish sauce.
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Khmer Trey Ngeat Phat Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1069
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 59g 21%
Cholesterol 331mg 110%
Total Fat 32g 41%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Dietary Fiber 9g 32%
Protein 144g 288%
Sodium 3084mg 134%
Sugars 40g 80%
Share & Print
← Previous Creamy Bow Tie Pasta Salad Recipe