Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork Recipe
The Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork Recipe offers an easy and flavorful option for a homemade Vietnamese side dish. Central to the dish are rice sheets, either steamed or soaked in warm water. If opting for steamed rice paper, a steamer with a round cloth on top is needed to steam the rice flour mixture, highlighting the traditional Vietnamese preparation method.
The filling comprises 25oz of dried cloud ear mushrooms, soaked, washed, and cut into small pieces, combined with 1 lb of ground pork. The pork is seasoned with fish sauce, sugar, vegetable oil, minced garlic, shallots, finely chopped spring onions, and black pepper. The mixture is stir-fried until the pork is cooked, resulting in a flavorful and aromatic filling. Once cooked, the meat mixture is set aside to cool before rolling.
To assemble the Rice Rolls, the rice sheets are laid on a flat surface, and a tablespoon of the pork mixture is spooned onto the middle of each sheet. The rolling process involves folding one side over the filling, tucking in the sides, and rolling to enclose the filling, creating a roll reminiscent of fresh spring rolls. If using fresh steamed rice paper, the rolling process is simplified as it naturally sticks together.
When ready to serve, the rice rolls are arranged on a serving plate, and fried shallots or garlic are added on top. Optional garnishes such as herbs, mint, or basil can also be added for freshness. The finishing touch is a drizzle of sweet fish sauce, adding a delightful balance of sweetness and savory flavors to the Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork.
In conclusion, this recipe presents a harmonious blend of textures and tastes, showcasing the Vietnamese culinary tradition of creating flavorful and visually appealing dishes. The ease of preparation and the option to customize the filling make this dish an accessible and delightful addition to homemade Vietnamese cuisine.
For the filling you need
|25oz dried cloud ear mushrooms, soaked for 30 minutes, wash and cut it to small pieces|
|1 lb of ground pork|
|2 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|2 garlic cloves minced|
|2 shallots minced|
|2 spring onions finely chopped|
|1/2 of onion minced|
|Fried shallots (shell at the Asian store ready to use)|
|Mints and herbs to garnish before serve|
Directions to make Rice Rolls Stuffed with Pork Recipe
- In a blow mix ground pork and dried mushroom together
- In a wok or fry pan add oil over medium heat until hot
- Add garlic, shallots, and onion stir fry until golden
- Add the pork mixture and stir fry until the pork is cooked
- Season with pepper; sugar, fish sauce mix well, take the meat mixture out put in a blow let cool before you roll.
How to roll Rice Rolls Stuffed or Banh Cuon
- Place the rice sheets on a flat surface, spoon a tablespoon of the pork mixture onto the middle of each sheet.
- Fold one side over the filling, tuck in the sides, and roll to enclose the filling, so that it is resembles like fresh spring rolls.
- If you use fresh steam rice paper it is easy because it is stick together, all you have to do just put the filling in and roll.
To serve the rice roll or Banh Cuon,
- In a serving plate lay the rice roll as many you like
- Add fried shallots or garlic on top if you have herb, mint or basil garnish on the top
- Then drizzle with sweet fish sauce.
Thank you and enjoy it.
Related Recipe: Khmer Trey Ngeat Phat Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1069