Shrimp Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup
Bitter melon stuffed with shrimp and taro root soup is very delicious Khmer food. It is easy to put together at home, all you need shrimp with bitter melon and follow the recipe.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled, de-veins and grounded|
|1/2 tablespoon of corn starch|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1/4 cup of already soaked and chopped bean thread noodle|
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped|
|2 large bitter melon|
|6 cups of water|
|1 cup of cubes taro root|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|A dash of black pepper|
Directions to make Shrimp Stuffed Bitter Melon Soup
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with corn starch, fish sauce, black pepper, bean thread noodle and onion, mixed well and set a side.
- Cut bitter melon in half, cross wide; carefully removed all seeds, washed and drained.
- Stuffs bitter melon with shrimp stuffing, when done set a side.
- In a large soup pot, put stuffed bitter melon with taro and water, covered soup pot with lid, and simmering till bitter melon tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt and sugar.
- Top with chopped green onion and black pepper.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Purple Yam Soup Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 788