Sweet and Spicy Grilled Sriracha BBQ Chicken
This Sweet and Spicy Grilled Sriracha BBQ Chicken recipe is perfect for those who love Sriracha Chili sauce. It is very easy to make, but the flavor is amazing. The chicken is marinated overnight in a mixture of Sriracha, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, orange marmalade or apricot, garlic, and ginger. This gives the chicken a deep, rich flavor.
To cook the chicken, simply preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the chicken for 30-45 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Be sure to turn the chicken a few times during cooking to ensure even browning.
Once the chicken is cooked, you will be left with a lot of delicious marinade sauce. Don’t throw it away! You can use it to make a delicious Thai-style noodle dish. Simply cook some rice noodles or spaghetti according to the package directions and then mix them with the leftover marinade sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro, roasted sesame seeds, or crushed peanuts and lime juice for a complete meal.
|4 to 5 lbs of chicken wing, leg, drumstick, thigh
|1 tablespoon of sesame oil
|2 tablespoon of salt
|1/2 cup of Sriracha Chili sauce (or less)
|1/4 cup of ketchup
|1/2 cup of soy sauce
|1/4 cup of honey
|1/4 cup of brown sugar
|1 cup of orange marmalade or apricot
|3 to 4 cloves of minced garlic
|1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger
|1 cup of minced cilantro
Directions to make Sweet and Spicy Grilled Sriracha BBQ Chicken
- Mix and marinate the chicken in the Ziploc bag overnight or at least 4 hours for the flavor
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Pour the chicken marinate and the liquid in 9×13 baking dish (spray the baking dish)
- Bake in the oven for30 to 45 minutes or until your chicken is done turning few times for color
- Note Chicken wings and thigh cook faster than drumstick and leg.
- There will be a lot of marinate sauce left done baking do not through it away
- Cook rice noodle or spaghetti or linguine according to package direction
- Then mix the noodle with the left over sauce garnish with chopped cilantro, Roasted Sesame seeds or crush peanut and lime juice to give it a Thai Classic style noodle
Related Recipe: Easy Mango Sriracha Salsa Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 2540