Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
The Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe presents a delicious and convenient option for a quick dinner, requiring minimal time and a handful of ingredients. The key components include chopped chicken breasts, red or green enchilada sauce, red bell pepper, chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, green onions, tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, flour tortillas, Mexican cheese, and sour cream.
To begin the preparation, olive oil is heated in a frying pan, and the chicken is sautéed until almost done, creating a flavorful base. The red bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms are then sautéed until soft, after which the chicken is reintroduced to the pan, and the heat is turned off. Sour cream is added to the mixture, providing a creamy and rich texture.
To assemble the enchiladas, a baking dish is sprayed with cooking spray, and half of the enchilada sauce is poured into the dish. Flour tortillas are filled with the chicken mixture and a generous amount of cheese before being rolled and placed in the baking dish. The remaining enchilada sauce is poured over the top, and the enchiladas are adorned with chopped tomatoes, jalapeño, and green onions.
The assembled enchiladas are then baked in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until soft. Additional cheese is sprinkled on top and melted to perfection. Despite appearing a bit watery initially, the enchiladas are allowed to cool, allowing the sauce to thicken. The dish is best served with homemade salsa or store-bought salsa, offering a quick, easy, and satisfying option for dinner. The Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is particularly favored for its simplicity and efficiency in providing a delightful meal.
|2 chicken breasts, chopped to bite size|
|28 oz of red or green enchilada sauce|
|1/2 cup of red bell pepper cut to small bite|
|1/2 cup of chopped onion|
|1/2 cup of sliced mushroom|
|2 green onions chopped|
|1 tomato chopped|
|1 Jalapeño pepper chopped|
|1 container of sour cream 16 oz|
Directions to make Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- In a fry pan put 2 T of olive oil on medium heat
- Sauté the chicken till almost done take it out (you can use cook left over chicken)
- Now put a bit more of olive oil sauté all the red bell pepper, onion, mushroom,
- Till soft then put the chicken back turn the heat off
- Add the sour cream to the meat mixture let cool before you wrap
- Spray 9×13 baking dish
- Pour half can of the enchilada sauce and keep the other half for topping
- In a big plate lay tortilla spoon the chicken mixture and add a handful of Cheese to it
- Roll the tortilla and lay it in the baking dish like my picture. Repeat the remainder till all gone.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top evenly
- Then sprinkle tomato, Jalapeno, and green onion on the top like my picture.
- Bake in the preheat oven at 400 degree for 25 minutes or till the enchilada is soft
- Then sprinkle a bit more cheese on the top. And put back in the oven till the cheese
It looks a bit watery, but let it cool down so the sauce can thicken. Serve with homemade salsa or store bought salsa. Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is my favorite cooking because quick and easy to have dinner.
Thank you and enjoy it
Related Recipe: Grilled Salmon Rice Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 322